Friday, August 2, 2013

A Classic & Simple Summer Look

Classic and simple is the best way to describe this outfit. Classic because it incorporates a timeless white button-down shirt; simple because it can be easily thrown together in minutes and readily worn for any daytime occasion. The shorts are from +H&M and are made from a seersucker cotton with peach / white striping. I threw on the white button-down because I felt like it would best compliment the striping in the shorts. As for the belt, it is a simple vintage belt in a chestnut brown. When it came to my shoes, I thought I would try and wear the pair of blue woven leather +Johnston & Murphy loafers I was lucky enough to find at a thrift store last summer. Overall, with the light fabrics, pastel colors, and seersucker cotton, this is a very spring & summer appropriate look. And with the season coming to a close end, I want to get in as much summer-friendly clothing as I can before the winter.
 
 

In the image above I've switched out my button-down for a simple navy blue v-neck. This switch keeps the outfit playful with color while maintaining a very casual, clean look.


White Shirt - H&M, Cotton Shorts - H&M (Similar), Brown Belt - Thrift, Blue Loafers - Thrift

No comments:

Post a Comment