Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Can We Go Thrift Shopping?

Sometimes your best friend isn't the department store. More often than not, when I go shopping with something in mind, I go to a store like American Apparel, H&M, or some other popular place to look for styles which I recently discovered are trending. BUT! There's one problem with all of these places: they're going to charge you higher amounts for clothes that are in season and in style. So, what's your alternative? Well, instead of paying the high prices at the mall, sometimes I find that going to your local thrift shops is the best alternative. Now, some people might not like the idea of wearing previously worn clothes, but if they're in great condition (some still with tags on them) and are nearly identical to what you almost bought at Store X, then why not buy it at the consignment or thrift stores around you?
On your right is an example of a shirt that I found at a thrift store, Goodwill to be exact. It still had all of its tags on it and was unworn, so I purchased it, cut it up a bit, and made it my own. As a matter of fact, the boots that I am wearing - I found those at a vintage shop, too! Sometimes you can find pure gold when you're really trying. Now, you won't always have luck, but it's always worth a shot. So, today I'm going to ask you to try something different and go out and try to find something that resembles one of the trends I've told you about these past weeks. Think about the trending colors of blues, pinks, and orange; or maybe the ethnic styles, such as aztec, tribal, Native American; or how about the yesterday's topic of the "Urban Safari" uprising with it's olive green, khakis, and clay-like colors? Give it a shot! You never know what you'll find. And while I ask you all to try it, I'm going to test me luck here in San Francisco and see what I find. I'll be sure to let you guys know if I have any luck. Until then, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment